The 2024 Caribbean Series, the baseball event that brings together the champions of the region's top winter leagues, will take place February 1-9 at LoanDepot Park in Miami. The national tournaments have already chosen their winners and now we know who will represent them Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Panama, Nicaragua and Curacao. The last place finisher, Tiburones de La Guaira, defeated Cardenales de Lara to win the LVBP title on January 28th.
Next, we'll tell you which teams are already classified Caribbean series and we bring you more details about this long-awaited event, where the current runner-up, the Leones del Caracas, will be heavily absent. Will Tigres del Licey manage to repeat the crown won in 2023?
YOU CAN SEE: They repeat the dish! Tigres del Licey beat Estrellas 3-2 and are two-time Lidom champions after returning to the series
Who are the teams in the Caribbean Series 2024?
These will be the representatives of each country in the 2024 Caribbean Series, which will be held in Miami:
- Dominican Republic: Licey Tigerswho defeated Estrellas Orientales 4-3 in the LIDOM 2024 Final Series.
- Puerto Rico: Creoles of Caguaswho defeated the Carolina Giants 5-3 in the final series of the 2024 LBPRC.
- Mexico: Naranjeros de Hermosillowho won the 2023-24 Mexican Pacific League finals series 4-0 against Venados de Mazatlán.
- Panama: Federals of Chiriquíwho return to the Caribbean Series after defeating Águilas Metropolitanas 3 games to 0 in the final of PROBEIS 2024.
- Nicaragua: Giants of Rivaswho defeated Tren del Norte de Estelí 4-2 in the LBPN Final Series 2023-24.
- Curazao: Curacao Sunswho were crowned in the first edition of the Curaçao Professional Baseball League in 2023.
- Venezuela: Sharks of La Guairawho won 4 games to 1 against the Lara Cardinals in the LVBP 2024 Grand Final.
The Tigres del Licey will defend their Caribbean Series title after being crowned two-time Dominican League champions. Photo: LIDOM
On this occasion, unlike last year, there will be no representatives from Colombia and Cuba present; in the first case, due to non-fulfillment of the requirements within the established deadlines; and in the second case, after they were not invited by the organization.
Where will the Caribbean Series 2024 take place?
On this occasion the Caribbean Series 2024 The event takes place at a single location: the LoanDepot Park, home of the MLB's Miami Marlins, with a capacity of 37,000 spectators. It is the first time that the classic tournament will be played in a major league stadium.
LoanDepot Park is home to the Miami Marlins of Major League Baseball. Photo: MLB
Why will the Caribbean Series take place in Miami?
The Caribbean Series is returning to the American city of Miami after 33 years due to the high purchasing power and wide distribution it allows for Latin American baseball, Chema Sánchez, the Marlins' new general manager, told El Economista newspaper.
YOU CAN SEE: La Guaira Sharks vs. Lara Cardinals LIVE: When and where to watch Game 5 of the LVBP Finals Series?
“Miami is one of the states where taxes are favorable for businesses and international events such as Formula 1 have generated more revenue and attendance here than in Monaco. Miami has become the entertainment epicenter of the world, there is a lot of Latin American culture here.” “With the Marlins we already had a World Classic (2023),” explains Sánchez.
Where to watch the Caribbean Series 2024?
These are the confirmed channels to watch Caribbean Series 2024 in every country:
- Venezuela: IVC, simple television
- Mexico: Sky, extrabase.tv
- Dominican Republic: Digital 15, Telemicro International
- Puerto Rico: WAPA Sports
- UNITED STATES: ESPN Sports, ESPN+.