Founded in 1980, CPE Rhéa provides child care services to 119 children in two facilities in Montreal's Rosemont neighborhood. We are seeking a Food Manager for our 59 place facility, including 10 infants, in the Rosemont neighborhood of Montreal.
At CPE we promote management by involving employees in various working committees. In addition, we are taking a green step to become more and more environmentally conscious! Under the direction of management, the food manager ensures catering in accordance with the philosophy and guidelines of the CPE.
The Food Manager develops varied and balanced menus in consideration of the Canadian Food Guide and Early Childhood Center orientations, prepares complete meals and snacks, purchases and stores groceries, cleans and maintains dishes, utensils, equipment and workstations. He/she keeps the food inventory up to date.
Summary task description:
- Develop balanced menus according to a set budget.
- Prepare morning and afternoon meals and snacks based on standard menus;
- Ensuring good quality and preservation of food;
- Collaborate with staff on food distribution;
- Adjust the menu for children with physiological intolerance (allergy) to certain foods or with dietary restrictions;
- Maintain the kitchen daily;
- Perform any other related tasks.
- You have a MAPAQ recognized certification in Hygiene and Food Safety and: o Either a Professional Studies Diploma (DEP) in Hospitality or an equivalent qualification.
o Three (3) years of cooking experience in a commercial or institutional setting.
- ability to work in a team;
- Initiative, organization, creativity and flexibility.
- Enjoy dealing with children
- Knowledge of the nutritional needs of children ages 0 to 5 years is an advantage
- Professional experience in the CPE area is an advantage
Salary : According to the scale established by the MFA
Work schedule: From 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., 5 days/week
Input function : As quickly as possible