Speculating about the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favorite pastime for many fans, perhaps even more important than watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors from the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important note: Rumors are just that – rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it's just circulating in the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track the veracity of the rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back, which you can find here. Remember to take everything with caution.
Rumors for this day:
- Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that Roman Reigns vs. The Rock is “still happening” this year, he just doesn't know exactly when or where.
According to Fightful Select, WWE has “contacted outside companies regarding possible Royal Rumble surprises.” TNA worked with them to make Jordynne Grace's debut possible and they were apparently very accommodating.
Post Wrestling breaks the news that Brock Lesnar was set to team with Dominik Mysterio at Elimination Chamber before being removed due to the lawsuit against Vince McMahon in which he is named.
- The Daily Update on F4Wonline.com also notes that Lesnar was scheduled to work on GUNTHER at WrestleMania 40 and “a number of changes have been made for 'Mania in recent days.”
- Bryan Alvarez mentioned on WOR that he was told that Jade Cargill “has a hard time remembering a lot of things” regarding her work in the ring. He believes she needs to get out there sooner rather than later and work with veterans to gain their experience.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that they have been told that the current working idea is to keep SmackDown on Friday nights when it moves to the US. However, this is not fixed.
- They stick with WON, saying that Alberto El Patron and “another controversial wrestler looking to revive his career” will come to AAA in 2024 and that there will be a “zero tolerance agreement” with both. Alberto is scheduled for the whole year, provided there are no problems.
- According to Fightful, Samantha Irvin worked the entire Royal Rumble show because Mike Rome lost his voice.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Remember, these are rumors and not confirmed facts, so please treat them as such. And check out our weekly rumor recap Here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.