Young man dies after stirring tea with wrong spoon four

Young man dies after stirring tea with wrong spoon four days after accepting marriage proposal

A 24yearold girl died four days after becoming engaged. Jess Prinsloo was on holiday and spent some time in South Africa. She suffered an allergic reaction after using a milkstained spoon to stir tea during a visit to her mother in Johannesburg.

Jess and Craig McKinnon got engaged on December 27 last year at a popular tourist spot in the city of Mpumalanga. The two then traveled to Johannesburg, where the young woman’s mother lived.

“Many of her family members live in South Africa and she hasn’t been there in six years, so I knew there was no better place to apply. I stuttered as I knelt down to ask, “Will you marry me?” But she started crying before she’d even said yes, Craig McKinnon recalled to British tabloid Mirror.

During a visit to Jess’ mother’s home on the 30th, the young woman was exposed to dairy products and within seconds went into anaphylaxis a potentially fatal reaction that causes her throat to close up. She died in hospital the next day, New Year’s Eve.

Jess always carried two injections of a drug indicated for the urgent treatment of severe allergic reactions, but this time they didn’t work.

The young woman was diagnosed with milk protein allergy when she was nine months old and had previously told her fiancé that she was resuscitated after consuming milk used in an Indian dish when she was 18.

“On another occasion, she ordered a vegan dessert that was supposed to be dairyfree but still required medication and a trip to the hospital. emphasizes the groom

Although the accident happened in late 2022, Craig only returned to the UK this Monday, bringing home the bride’s ashes. The two met at the university where they were studying in 2019 and decided to live together in 2021 during the Covid19 isolation.