Up to 55,000 diversity visas are issued annually to people coming to the United States from countries with low migration rates.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs publishes the dates of the call for applications for the Diversity Visa Program every year. The call for proposals is usually made two years in advance.
This means that applications for the 2025 Visa Lottery will be received in 2023 and the results will be announced in 2024.
The program, known as the Visa Lottery (LV), offers a limited number of visas and people must meet certain requirements:
- You must be a citizen of a country with a low rate of immigration to the United States.
- You have 12 years of primary and secondary education or equivalent.
- You have at least two years of professional experience in a suitable profession within the last five years.
Registration for the Visa Lottery changes every year. In the case of the LV 2025, they were held online from October 4th to November 7th, 2023.
From May 4, 2024, participants will be able to find out whether they have been elected via the Internet using their confirmation number.
The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program communicates the results on its website. This is the only way to find out if you are a winner.
How to find out the results of the 2025 visa draw?
View Diversity Visa Lottery 2025 Results Online.
- Go to the official page, click the “Next” button and wait for the next page.
- Enter the required data: confirmation number with 16 letters and numbers, first name, last name and year of birth,
- Authenticate the session and click Submit to check your result
If you are selected in the Diversity Visa Lottery and meet the requirements, you can apply for an immigrant visa. If approved, you will be able to obtain permanent residency or a green card and live in the United States as a permanent resident.
To start the process, you must submit the required immigration forms (DS-260) from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You will then need to attend an interview at the embassy closest to your place of residence.
Countries that do not qualify for the 2025 visa lottery
The US government publishes the list of countries whose residents cannot apply. The following countries do not qualify for the 2025 visa draw:
- Dominican Republic
- The saviour
- Republic of Korea (South Korea)
- United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories
Enable notifications Clear notifications