11 year old boy dies of flesh eating bacteria after spraining ankle

11-year-old boy dies of flesh-eating bacteria after spraining ankle

An 11-year-old died of flesh-eating bacteria after spraining his ankle on a treadmill in Florida.

Jesse Brown injured himself while working out on a treadmill. The next day, her leg was covered in purple and red bruises, her family told Fox 35.

Although he was quickly rushed to the hospital, the boy was diagnosed with group A strep soon after; The infection proved fatal when it attacked Jesse’s brain.


Little Jesse Brown was a child prodigy: his parents couldn’t conceive and had their son after more than 10 years of trying.

“This miracle was taken from us far too soon,” added her cousin, who set up a GoFundMe to cover hospital and funeral expenses.

Strep infections can be serious when the bacterium spreads outside of its usual habitat, reports People.